20 October 2020 - 07:15
Iran expects Islamic nations to defy US sanctions: Ghalibaf

Iranian Parliament Speaker Mohammad Baqer Ghalibaf in a phone conversation with his Malaysian counterpart Azhar Azizan Harun said that his country expects the Islamic states not to abide by the US cruel and inhuman sanctions against Iran.

AhlulBayt News Agency (ABNA): Iranian Parliament Speaker Mohammad Baqer Ghalibaf in a phone conversation with his Malaysian counterpart Azhar Azizan Harun said that his country expects the Islamic states not to abide by the US cruel and inhuman sanctions against Iran.

“Under the current conditions that all countries are entangled with the crisis of coronavirus epidemic, the US regime has imposed cruel and illegal sanctions against the Iranian nation and we expect the friendly and Islamic countries not to abide by these sanctions,” Ghalibaf said on Monday.

He also underlined the necessity for strengthening unity among the Islamic countries, and said, “Iran and Malaysia as two important Muslim world states should increase cooperation to consolidate unity among the Muslim countries and distance from discord.”

Harun, for his part, blasted the US sanctions against Iran as illegal, and said, “Malaysia still has its own positions on sanctions and we do not recognize the illegal sanctions which are not based on the UN resolutions.”

The coronavirus COVID-19 is affecting approximately all countries and territories around the world. The virus was first reported in the central Chinese city of Wuhan late last year. It has so far killed more than 1.1 million people and infected over 40.3 million others globally.

The Iranian foreign ministry has declared that despite Washington’s claims of cooperation to transfer drugs to Iran via the new Swiss-launched payment mechanism, the US is troubling the process amid the coronavirus outbreak in the country.

Former Iranian Foreign Ministry Spokesman Seyed Abbas Mousavi saidAlthough US claims that medicines and medical equipment are not under sanctions, they have practically blocked the transfer of Iran’s financial resources in other countries into the Swiss Humanitarian Trade Arrangement (SHTA).

The Iranian health ministry announced on Monday that 4,251 new cases of coronavirus infection have been identified across the country during the past 24 hours, adding that 337 patients have passed away during the same period.

"4,251 new patients infected with COVID-19 have been identified in the country based on confirmed diagnosis criteria during the past 24 hours,” Iranian Health Ministry Spokeswoman Sima Sadat Lari said on Monday, and added, "1,948 patients have been hospitalized during the same time span.”

She added that the total number of COVID-19 patients has increased to 534,631.

“Unfortunately, 337 patients have lost their lives in the past 24 hours, increasing the number of the dead to 30,712,” the spokeswoman noted.

Lari expressed satisfaction that 431,360 coronavirus patients have recovered or been discharged from hospitals so far.

The spokeswoman further said that 4,771 cases infected with COVID-19 are in critical conditions.

She went on to say that 4,540,455 coronavirus diagnosis tests have so far been conducted across the country.

Lari warned that 30 provinces are still in red condition or the status of alert.

...................................
End/ 257

Tags